Whether you live in Dallas TX, Fort Lauderdale FL, or Manassas, VA on vacation, you don’t want something to go wrong while you’re away. Coming home from a dream vacation to a surprise that something seriously went wrong while you were away can be devastating. Here are some basic remedies that can work to keep your home safe while you’re away.
- One of the simplest things to do is to ask a friend to keep an eye on the place while you’re gone. To house-sit or stop in and check on things.
- Don’t tip off possible criminals that you will be gone. Social media can be an easy place for criminals to find out you’ll be gone for a couple of weeks. Don’t let people know that don’t need to know you’ll be out.
- If you have the opportunity for a lengthy vacation, you might want to let the local police know you’ll be gone. Alternatively, let the neighborhood watch know.
- Leave the window curtains exactly like you do when you’re home. Closing them may let people you know you’re not home, but it also can let other know you’re not.
- Purchase a light switch timer to turn lights off and on by a schedule.
- If your mail or the newspaper is delivered to your home, either stop the mail or have a friend pick it up.
- If you live where it’s cold and no one will be staying in the home, turn the faucet on so just a few drops are coming out to keep pipes from freezing.
Diverse Insurance Solutions
Let the agents at Diverse Insurance Solutions in the Manassas, VA area spend the time shopping for the right insurance policy for your home. We work to find the coverage you need at the right price.